What personal information do I collect from the people that visit our blog, website or any Aisha Adams Media platform ?
I collect information from visitors on my site to help me create a better experience for my readers. I collect email address, phone numbers, up addresses, names, gender, opinions, and other identifiable information.
When do I collect information?
I collect information from you when you subscribe to my blog, newsletter, fill out a form, leave a comment or enter information on our site.
How do I protect your information?
- I do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. I only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers without your securing platforms like PayPal or Stripe.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- I do my best to implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
What are‘cookies and do I use them?
- You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is are sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies.
- I do not sell, trade, or transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless I provide users with advance notice. This does not include partners and other parties who assist me in operating, conducting or serving all my users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- I may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
Occasionally, at my discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on my website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Google’s advertising requirements are put in place to provide a positive experience for users and revenue for the more learn more here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
I have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include development of data protection laws around the globe.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- I will notify you via email within 7 business days.
I also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that makes the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and hands out penalties for violations.
I want to be be in accordance with CANSPAM, and so I agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and I will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and Nappy Thoughts.